Tuesday 15 September 2009

Pre-juice Feast Juice Day :)

Hey!
Well, today I got up quite late (9:30, I like getting up at 6-7am usually :) and my mum and flatmate had already left for work, and I thought "Right, I'm starting the Juice Feast today!"

As we havn't got the juicers yet, I decided to do my juices with my VitaMix and nut milk bags for today.

So, I hopped off to the market to pick up some delicious produce to juice.
Here what I got (prices are in Suisse Francs):
... ALL ORGANICALLY GROWN (except watermelon)

-1,060kg of romaine lettuce = 2 big heads (costs 4,50CH/kg): 4,75CH
-1,545kg of carrots (3CH/kg): 4,65CH
-0,875kg of fennel = 2 bulbs (5,50CH/kg): 4,80CH
-1,065kg of spinach =1 giant bag! (8CH/kg): 8,50CH
-2 cucumbers (2CH/piece): 4CH
-1 bunch parsley, given to me free :) : 0CH
-1 BIG bunch of KALE (YAY, this is the 1st time I've found it here! woo!): 1,50CH (what a bargain!!)
-1kg of apples = 5 large apples: 4,20CH
-2kg of watermelon = 1 big slice (2,50kg): 5CH

TOTAL money spent: 37,70CH / €24,80
NOTE: I could have spent less if I went around the whole market first, as I found cheaper (and organic) fennel (at 4CH/kg), cucumbers (at 1CH/piece)

The greens should last for quite a few days, but I think I will have to some more fruit/apples tomorrow or the day after, especially if all 3 of us are starting tomorrow! :)

My Juice Intake so far Today:

Breakfast:
none (wasn't hungry and had nothing to juice yet! :)
Around 12PM: 900ml of Green Juice: romaine/carrots/fennel/spinach)


This recipe was from Angela and Mat Monarch's 'TV show' which supposedly tastes like 'chocolate milk'!! Well, to me it didn't but I do think I put in too many carrots! Here's the quantities I made it with:

-1/2 head romaine lettuce
-1/2 kilo carrots

-3 slices fennel
-handful spinach
(as I did this is the vitamix, i had to add a lil bit of water aswell)
A little while later around 12PM30:
1,5L of watermelon juice!! Ohhhh myyyy this is SOOO good!! I made the juice from the whole slice, BUT didn't juice the rind as it wasn't organic, unfortunatly. This tastes, and looks, like liquid candyfloss!!!! :D







Around 3:30PM: 1L of a really yummy and refreshing cucumber/apple/fennel/courgette(zuccini)/kale Green Juice:
-1 cucumber
-3 small apples (not the ones I bought today, I picked these on a walk in the Jura mountain yesterday:)
-2 thivk slices fennel
-1/3 large courgette/zuccini
-2 leaves kale

This totals around: 3,4L of juice

I won't start counting the days until we are alll on the juice feast, which is why I named this post 'Pre-juice Feast Juice Day' :) Besides, I did nibble a bit and had a few taster pieces of watermelon and cantaloupe at the market ;)

Will hopefully put up all of our BEFORE photos tomorrow ;)

have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment