Saturday 19 September 2009

Fully equipted and starting tomorrow!

Hello!!!

Right, we went to the market today, got the produce..........






AND we've got a juicer that David got as a late B-day pressie from someone (perfect timing, eh!?) and are commencing our Juice Feast journey tomorrow (Sunday)!!!


a gorgeous pumpkin, apple, carrot and pear juice

We have even designed a Daily Personal Tracker sheet, as the one from the juice feasting website, although very good, had some irrelevant info to us and the layout wasn't as we liked it...... soo, we designed our on ;)
I'm gunna put it up on here so that anyone can download it for free to help them on their juicy journey ;)

And Oh My Goodnessss!!! What synchronisities we had today!!!!!
First of all, we went to a flea market in town to look for scales to weigh ourselves tomorrow for our 'Before Juice Feast data' :)..
And we came out with a TWIN GEAR juicer and scales for 9CH (=around $9/€5)!!!!!!!! (juicer=8CH and scales were 1CH!)
And it WORKS brilliantly, albeit I do have to starin the juice a little through the nut milk bag as it's abit pulpy, but it juices greens and the like like a dream!!!!!! XD It's called Green Life, and it's basically an older version of Green Star!


WOW! We are soo blessed XD
Now we really are fully equipted! :)

So, for a minimum of 3 days for 3 people, here is what we bought on the market today:
(all organically grown)

-10 heads of Romain lettuce (4,50CH/kg): 12CH
-6 large heads celery (6CH/kg): 30CH (ouch!)
-54 apples (3,50CH/kg): 20CH
-5 cucumbers: 6CH
-1kg spinach (6CH/kg) : 6CH
-1 squash/yam (don't know which one it is ;) (2CH/kg): 5CH
-2,5kg lemons: 12,50CH
-2kg carrots (1,90CH/kg): 3,80CH
Total: 83,9CH

So, using this info and assuming this produce lasts for 3 days of juicing for 3 people,
for 1 day of juicing for 3 people would be around 27CH, and for 1 day of juicing for 1 person would be around 9CH! Pretty damn good value I say!!!!! Wow, and imagine, most poeple spend 10CH MIN just on dinner!!!

Tomorrow, we're gunna put up all of our 'Before Stats', such as weight and our before pictures!!! :))))))))))))))


Yay to Green Juice! ;)...
and Yay! to our last day of solids for a while ;).......

3 comments:

  1. Tres Manufique! I have loved reading this juicing blog of yours! I love all the pictures too. From the different containers you put the juices in, to the colorful carrots, to the many views of the pulp crackers! Brilliant blog posts! And I can't get over how you many so many juices in an early morning to serve three thirsty juice feasting souls. And keeping up with your studies?? You rock. And I'm proud of you. This is one reader who is along for the whole ride. You inspire me. Pumpkin juice? I didn't even know that was possible! Keep up the great and colorful Juice Feast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeee, BeeARawFoodie, you don't know how much your lovely comment made me smile! :D YOU rock!!!! I'm actually quite enjoying making all the juices in the morning now and putting all my love into it ;) It also makes me get up early... very early!! :D I'm sooo happy you like the pics :D I'm just sorry that I'm not posting as regularly as I should/wanted to! Please forgive me! ;) Mmmmmm, pumpkin/squash juice with carrot, apple and ginger is SO yummy! And it's totally in season right now! It's great! Thank you so much for commenting, it's comments like yours that make it worth blogging! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great.. but the juice looks awful. Still i will try it out. lol


    Twin Gear Juicer Plus

    ReplyDelete